#MinuteMonday is a new linky.
What’s it all about I hear you scream?
Well it’s a new linky to help out budding vloggers. With so many vloggers now on YouTube it can be hard to get your channel noticed. This linky encourages all new vloggers (or established ones if you want to get involved) to check out other newbie vlogs, subscribe to their channels and leave comments!
Lets help each other gain confidence while we all figure out the mad world of YouTube.
The reason it’s called #MinuteMonday is because all #MinuteMonday vlogs have to be a minute long or less. Basically a little snapshot of something or other. There’s no theme.
I’ll add all #MinuteMonday vlogs to my YouTube #MinuteMonday section as well.
The reason for the vlogs being a minute long is because vlogging takes up a lot of time and effort. A short minute snapshot of your week, a new product, you talking, your child etc shows the viewer in 60 seconds who and what you’re about. And it’ll be easy to film a quick 60 seconds throughout the week without too much effort (you can even use it as an advert for a longer video if you want).
Even if you don’t vlog you may want to keep an eye out for #MinuteMonday as you might find some new vloggers to follow.
These are the rules:
- Every Monday I’ll host the linky on TheLondonMum. All you have to do is upload your vlog to YouTube and post the link in the comments section with the full link. eg. http://thelondonmum.me/2014/06/15/sunday-vlog-lucca-italy/
- Make sure you visit 2-3 of the links posted and comment on their vlogs and subscribe to the channels.
- If you want to promote your vlog via twitter use the hashtag #MinuteMonday and just include me on your post @thelondonmum and I’ll RT all links.
- The vlogs have to be 60 seconds or less.
- Use the linky badge on your link page.
Here’s the code for the badge:
<a href=”http://thelondonmum.me/2014/06/18/minutemonday/”><img title=”YouTube” src=”https://thelondonmum.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/minutemonday.jpg” alt=”” width=”161″ height=”161″ /></a>
If the code doesn’t work (which it should) just save the image and copy it into your post.
Make sure it links to this #MinuteMonday page so people can visit and learn what #MinuteMonday is all about!