Pancake Day (or Shrove Tuesday) is just around the corner, and I refuse to miss it! As you know I’m following the MuTu and Thinking Slimmer programme and the typical pancake isn’t quite what they’d consider ‘good eating.’ So I’ve adapted the ingredients and worked my lazy magic cooking skills and I’ve come up with a guilt free treat to have on Shrove Tuesday… I thought you might like the recipe too
1 cup of wholemeal rye flour
1 cup of almond milk
1 cup of eggs
Yes as you can see I don’t bother with scales… too much faffing and effort! I get a cup out of the cupboard and measure all my ingredients in that. It’s an easy way to cook because if you want to make a smaller batch just use half cups, if you want a bigger batch double the cups! Easy peasy.
1. Mix all the ingredients together
2. Heat frying pan with coconut oil
3. Fry pancakes dolloping out the mixture with a big spoon
4. Fry until golden brown on both sides
5. Top with honey or fruit or both
6. Eat in front of your child knowing they can’t eat yet, and watch them dribble!